Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Must win, repeat MUST WIN!!

Okay, short entry here. I was kinda, sorta, maybe casually "hanging out" with this guy late November/early December. Okay, truth is, sometimes you just need a cuddle, or at least, that's how my dog explains it. Let's call him Bartender Bob. 'BB' and I hung out a few times, nothing crazy, nothing serious. He often ended the evening with a sweet smooch and letting me know that I should not fall off the face of the earth. Well, I often did.
So after several cuddly reunions, I really fell off the face of the earth. I saw BB on facebook one day recently and said "hey". After the obligatory "I didn't call cuz'..." blatherings, I cut BB off mid-sentence and just said, "No worries, I don't think we are actually that into each other anyways, so let's not try that any more." Pause.
BB then had to peel his smooshy ego up off of the floor to come back with a "I am so glad we are on the same page." He then didn't reply to my offering of a drink and book discussion, both of which, I still genuinely want to share with him.
I just want to point out, that even with a 'we' phrase inserted to allow for no hard feelings, boys don't seem to do well with being dumped and like to find ways to make it seem like it was their idea. San Diego dude from over the summer did the same. After inviting me to spend the weekend with him in San Diego on our first (and only) date, I declined a dinner invitation admitting that there was no spark (he was one of those guys that only asked questions that he could then turn into personal experiences of his own, and boring ones at that). He said that he felt the same way and was going to let me know of his feelings at dinner!!!!!!! Bull.
Show me a man who can accept a dismissal humbly, and I'll show you a rare, rare gem. Not saying they are not out there, but gosh, you gotta dig deep to find them, and then hope that they don't also play dungeons and dragons online (yes, that has happened too but deserves its own blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment