Monday, January 18, 2010

Changing my vibration? ...Or just the batteries?

So, I know I said I don't believe in Santa anymore but that's not necessarily true. Like the Jolly old Saint Nick of yester year, my Santa is serving a purpose by instilling a sense of hope and a reward for "good" behavior.

Please, do not be alarmed! I have not decided that the debaucherous New Year's Eve behavior was acceptable nor will I be a fool who will just lay my principles down out of the sheer joy of being paid attention. I'm just saying, I've given my Santa a new place in my heart. You see, he's been absolutely dreadful and spotty with communication and organization for us to meet up in the past, but, there has been a pattern. It go like this homey. Hang out and have a blast, thank you correspondence post-hang out, gut-wrenching wait of at least 2 weeks for another form of communication. Now, during those awful waits I go through a hilarious ride of elation, contentment, insecurity, despair, and then a good ol' pull myself up by the bootstraps. Every time. I don't ever hear from the big elf up north until I hit the bootstraps part. It's eerie because it's always that I hear from him within 24 hours of hitting that stage, always.

This tells me something about the energy we put out into the universe. That energy, or, as my good friend Carolyn (queen of the awful setups) puts it, vibration, is what determines our attractions. And like attracts like. So if Santa is an independent kinda guy (duh! he lives in the North Pole!), he gets the inkling to contact me when I'm feelin' groovy about my independence.

So, thank you Santa, for this lovely lesson. I like being in that independent space. And yes, Santa is trying to get me over to his workshop again...but this is one smart reindeer who still needs an apology.

No comments:

Post a Comment