Thursday, January 7, 2010

The crush hangover.

Hmmm. I'm still pulling the Ginni from the movie "He's just not that into you." I jump when I hear the text alert from my phone, I keep a candlelight vigil with my email, and yes, my hair looks as though you could find a partially eaten breakfast muffin hiding in the disheveled and slightly dirty curls. Unfortunately, the only texts I get are from friends telling me how great their friggin' day is going (not from Santa sending slightly naughty references about jingle bells), the emails are late notices on my VW bills (not promises of future foot rubs and plans for cuddly outings), and my hair is not the cute "bed head" one associates with a tumultuous love affair, it's more like what my cat looks like when she gets caught in the sprinkler and then rolls in the garden. Not to mention I have a new and particularly nasty carb addiction.

When I drink too much, I load up on emergen-C packets, greasy eggs, and a good long cardio workout to cleanse the liver and rejuvenate the spirit. But what does one do when they've OD'd on romantic notions and wishful thinking? I feel wiped out from cultivating all of these happy thoughts about something that could be and now definitely will not. My intuition says, "get excited about something else," but what??? Getting excited about work opportunities and friend time is great, and I feel like I can and do do that, but it is not the same chemical high that one gets from stimulating the love center of my being (thanks Cory for that idea). Suggestions? Comments? Anybody have any German chocolate cake?

No comments:

Post a Comment