Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Santa aside, being my own little reindeer.

So, still no news on the Santa front, still the current POI, but who knows. I'm stuck in the "do I call or do I wait" doldrums on that one. He doesn't follow the rules...ba humbug!

But I just finished a wonderful book called "Single" by Judy Ford. I know it was a really good book because the pages are fluffy and wrinkled from me repeatedly dropping it in the bathtub. I also just had a fabulous conversation with my friend Jacob while we were climbing things. Several things have become blatantly clear from reading the book and my musings with Jacob. #1. Handstands are easier if you have big hands (okay, Judy had nothing to do with that one). #2. Being on your own makes others uncomfortable, regardless of ones own comfort with ones situation. #3. It's work at first to find that comfort and its work to maintain that feeling once you find it. That feeling is often felt in ecstatic bursts followed by spectacular crashes. #4. It's of the most importance to do what gives you an inner joy, but to remember that sometimes you do actually need to socialize. At least enough to appreciate what you really like to do by contrast. #5. You can keep your sake warm in the bathtub with you by attaching a little life ring around the neck of the sake bottle and floating it in the tub with you.

I'm sure I've learned more, but it's time for another bath...

No comments:

Post a Comment