Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Santa...what do I want?

So, this blog is turning into a Quentin Tarantino screenplay, I'll continue to fill in my experiences of the last six months, but need to turn my attention to matters at hand. Kind of a flashback/flashforward scenario. So I feel the need to write of the current situation...the Samish Santa.


Santa is the current crush. I hate that word so I'll use person of interest (POI). He earned this nickname a couple of months ago after our first evening together, a delightful night of sushi, saki, and conversation during which I could hardly keep my head up it was so full of snot. Dayquil, baby. The name Santa came to me because of a twinkly blue eye thing he had going on. He is completely approachable yet distant or possibly distracted, funny, well read and traveled, and has a side to him that suggests great depth and spirituality. He also can do a pretty obnoxious and spot on Sham-WOW impression.


Santa pursued getting acquainted with me after seeing me perform dangling many feet in the air from a crane. Since then, communication has been spotty at best due to travel partly, but partly something else...flakiness? other girlies? lack of interest? I don't know!


What causes someone to engage in a flurry of texting and then... nothing? Since meeting in September, SEPTEMBER mind you, we've hung out all of thrice. He's just not that in to me? Possibly. Busy? Also possible, lots of travel has occurred during this time frame. After traveling out of the country, Santa immediately contacted me when his sleigh landed stateside. This indicates interest yes? What about beautiful gifts but no follow-up communication? It has been a long time since I've really had a POI, I forgot how mentally exhausting this can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment